Greetings from the Hilltop!
GBSC exists to prepare faithful servants who proclaim Jesus Christ and spread scriptural holiness throughout the world. That preparation centers in loving God, loving others, and loving learning.
Love for God seeks to please Him in all things. Love for others self-sacrificially pursues their best interest. Love of learning promotes informed living in a community of compassion.
- In seeking to respond to covid with the wisdom from above (Jam. 3:17-18), we are committed to being neither fearful nor foolhardy.
- Fear forgets that God is sovereign and that to live is Christ, to die is gain (Phil. 1:21).
- Foolhardiness ignores facts and prioritizes individual comfort over the well-being of others (1 Cor. 8, 10).
- Love for God and others thus compels us to submit in good conscience (Heb. 13:18) to the guidelines of our authorities (1 Pet. 2:13-14) so that “by doing right [we] may silence the ignorance of foolish men” who speak against followers of Christ (1 Pet. 2:15) and that, seeing our good works, they may glorify our Father who is in Heaven (Matt. 5:16).
We deeply believe campus plays a vital role in transformational education! That belief has guided us in our reopening plans. In light of this, we are reopening campus in Fall 2020 with a number of precautions in place.
These include complying with Ohio and Cincinnati laws and orders, reducing classroom occupancy, designating isolation/quarantine housing, hiring an outside company to provide housekeeping and implementing other procedures.
More specific information has been communicated to students and employees; we will continue to update them as needed.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms (listed below) or have been exposed to a known case of COVID-19, follow the steps below immediately:
- Notify Student Affairs personnel immediately:
- If you are away from campus, you will not be permitted to return to campus until approved by Student Affairs to do so. Do not head back to campus until you are cleared by Student Affairs.
- Students on campus should follow Student Affairs instructions regarding isolation and quarantine.
- Follow Student Affairs staff’s instructions to be cleared to return to campus and/or resume normal activities.
Any absences you accrue because of this process will be excused, and faculty will work with you to continue to make progress in your classes.
COVID-19 Symptoms seen below may show up 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
Please see the CDC website for more in-depth information regarding prevention, symptoms, and recommendations regarding COVID-19.
We hope you will join us in praying for God’s help — not just for the GBSC community, but for those around the world who are struggling with illness, especially our brothers and sisters in places where healthcare resources are more limited. Our hope is in Him!