Charitable Remainder Trusts
The Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) is a tax-saving alternative for people who wish to give highly appreciated assets, such as, stock or real estate.
- Provides a current income tax deduction
- Defers capital gains taxes
- Reduces or eliminates estate taxes
- Furnishes an income stream
- Gives benefit to GBSC
There are two types of CRTs:
- Unitrust -Your income stream varies as the value of the trust changes. You receives payments each year, determined by multiplying a fixed percentage (chosen by you) by the fair market value of the trust’s assets valued each year.
- Annuity Trust – Your income stream remains constant because it is based on a fixed percentage of the initial fair market value of the assets funding the trust.
Director of Institutional Advancement
(513) 721-7944 ext.1221