Worship Sequence – God’s Wrath, Mercy and Grace
To understand why we create corporate worship sequences for the community read this article by David Hartkopf.
- 4 Bb Glorify Thy Name
- 33 Bb How Great Thou Art (Bb-4; Bbm-4; Eb-2)
- 36 Ab To God Be the Glory
- 66 Ab Thou Art Worthy (Ab-3; Ab7-2)
- 51 Db Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing (Db-3; Dm-3; G-3)
- 69 C Great Is the Lord
Invocation Prayer: Typically pastor or worship leader prays here. Musicians can begin playing the first hymn quietly in the background.[Optional Prayer: Our Father, we were dead in trespasses and sins, carrying out our own selfish desires. We were children of wrath, lost and undone. But God, You are rich in mercy, and because of the great love with which You love us, You have made us alive together with Christ—We glorify Your name today and praise You for your grace and mercy. We come into Your presence through Christ, Amen.]
- MCII 6 C When I Look Into Your Holiness (C-4; Asus-2; A-2)
- 2 D Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty – vs. 1, 3, 4
- 44 D Great Is Thy Faithfulness – vs. 1, 3
- (Reading to introduce next selection – piano and/or organ play through stanza)
- D How Sweet and Awful Is the Place (*See sources below)
- Greeting – (continue previous)
- Prayer Song – D Depth of Mercy – vs 1 / chorus (*See sources below)
Prayer: This is the main pastoral prayer for the service. Musicians may continue playing the last song softly behind prayer for the continued worshipful atmosphere.
Download this worship sequence as a PDF.
Jana has worked at God’s Bible School & College since 2009. She chairs the Division of Music and teaches courses in applied piano, piano pedagogy, piano literature, music theory, and philosophy of music.
Jana, along with her husband, Nicolae (Nick) Pop, lead worship at a local Cincinnati church.