Worship Sequence – Walking by Faith in Obedience
To understand why we create corporate worship sequences for the community read this article by David Hartkopf.
- 445 Bb Rock of Ages (Bb-3; Ebm-3; Ab-2)
- 442 Db Blessed Assurance (into)
- 443 Db I Know Whom I Have Believed (Db-4; Gm-3; C-2)
- 437 F Trust and Obey (into)
- 436 F The Solid Rock
Welcome and Call to Worship: Our call to worship is taken from Galatians 3:23-29.
Invocation Prayer: Typically pastor or worship leader prays here. Musicians can begin playing the first hymn quietly in the background. [Optional Prayer: LORD, we are thankful today that we can say, as You have promised, that as we are born of God, we have the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith! Inhabit our praise today. We rejoice in You, Jesus, and place our faith and trust in You. Amen.]
- MCII 64 G My Life Is in You, Lord (into)
- 435 G My Faith Has Found a Resting Place (G-4; Cm-downbeat; “We’ll walk by faith and not by sight [last 2 measures of the next selection])
- HG 361 Bb By Faith
- Greeting (continue previous; Bb-4; Em-4; A7-4)
- Prayer Song – 433 D My Faith Looks Up to Thee – vs. 1
Prayer: This is the main pastoral prayer for the service. Musicians may continue playing the last song softly behind prayer for the continued worshipful atmosphere.
Download this worship sequence as a PDF.
Jana has worked at God’s Bible School & College since 2009. She chairs the Division of Music and teaches courses in applied piano, piano pedagogy, piano literature, music theory, and philosophy of music.
Jana, along with her husband, Nicolae (Nick) Pop, lead worship at a local Cincinnati church.