Worship Sequence – Christ in Me, Faith, Assurance
To understand why we create corporate worship sequences for the community read this article by David Hartkopf.
- 442 Db Blessed Assurance (Db-3; Gm-3; C-2)
- 436 F The Solid Rock (F-4; Bbm-4; Eb-2)
- 432 Ab Arise, My Soul, Arise (Ab-4; Cm-4; F-4)
- 122 Bb Majesty (Bb-4; Bb7-4; into chorus of…)
- 119 Eb I Will Praise Him
Welcome and Call to Worship: Our Call to Worship is taken from Galatians 2:19-21.
Invocation Prayer: Typically pastor or worship leader prays here. Musicians can begin playing the first hymn quietly in the background. [Optional Prayer: Our Father, we pray that out of Your glorious riches we will be strengthened in power through Your Spirit, so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith; and being rooted and grounded in love, we may be able to comprehend You, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses all knowledge. Lord, we ask that you fill us with the fullness of God. Today, we echo with all of creation, when we say, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.” In His name, Amen.]
- Chorus 88 G Let There Be Glory and Honor and Praises – 2X
- 435 G My Faith Has Found a Resting Place (G-2; G7-2; Intro)
- C Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me
- Greeting (Continue previous; transition into next selection)
- Prayer Song – Chorus 41 C As the Deer
Prayer: This is the main pastoral prayer for the service. Musicians may continue playing the last song softly behind prayer for the continued worshipful atmosphere.
Download this worship sequence as a PDF.
- Free Leadsheet: Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me
Jana has worked at God’s Bible School & College since 2009. She chairs the Division of Music and teaches courses in applied piano, piano pedagogy, piano literature, music theory, and philosophy of music.
Jana, along with her husband, Nicolae (Nick) Pop, lead worship at a local Cincinnati church.