Worship Sequence – Church, Christ as Foundation
To understand why we create corporate worship sequences for the community read this article by David Hartkopf.
- 2 D Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty (Bb-2; Bb/C-2)
- 4 Bb Glorify Thy Name
- 35 Bb My Tribute (Bb-4; Bbm-4; Eb7-3)
- 36 Ab To God Be the Glory
- 66 Ab Thou Art Worthy
Call to Worship: Our call to worship is a responsive reading with selected passages from Psalm 145:1-4,8-9.
Invocation Prayer: Typically pastor or worship leader prays here. Musicians can begin playing the first hymn quietly in the background.
- 72 F I Exalt Thee (F-4; Em-2; A-1; “With His own blood…”)
- 668 D The Church’s One Foundation (D-4; “Here in the love…”)
- HG 177 D/Eb In Christ Alone
- Greeting (Continue previous; Eb-3; Gm-4; C-4)
- Praise the Lord! As we prepare our hearts for prayer, hear the Word of the Lord from Isaiah 66:12: ” He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom.”
- Prayer Song – 626 F Gentle Shepherd
Prayer: This is the main pastoral prayer for the service. Musicians may continue playing the last song softly behind prayer for the continued worshipful atmosphere.
Download this worship sequence as a PDF.
Jana has worked at God’s Bible School & College since 2009. She chairs the Division of Music and teaches courses in applied piano, piano pedagogy, piano literature, music theory, and philosophy of music.
Jana, along with her husband, Nicolae (Nick) Pop, lead worship at a local Cincinnati church.