Worship Sequence – Our Call to Faithfulness
To understand why we create corporate worship sequences for the community read this article by David Hartkopf.
- MCII 4 F He Is Exalted
- MCII 32 F Worthy of Worship (F-4; F7-2.5)
- 33 Bb How Great Thou Art (Bb-4; Bb7-3)
- 105 Eb Day by Day
- 469 Eb I Will Serve Thee
Welcome and Call to Worship: Our call to worship is taken from I Corinthians 4:1-2 and Philippians 1:6.
Invocation Prayer: Typically pastor or worship leader prays here. Musicians can begin playing the first hymn quietly in the background. [Optional Prayer: Our Father, we pray that You will increase our love, so that it may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment. We ask that You fill us with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. Amen.]
- MCII 14 Bb Blessed Be the Lord God Almighty – chorus, verse, chorus (directly into)
- MCII 13 Bb Be Exalted, O God (Bb-2; Bb7-1 into “An army bold whose battle cry is ‘Love!’ Reaching out to those in darkness”)
- HG 353 Eb O Church, Arise (directly into) *see note
- 726 Eb Find Us Faithful
- Greeting (Continue previous; C-3; C7-3; Intro)
- Prayer Song – MCII 74 G He Who Began a Good Work in You
Prayer: This is the main pastoral prayer for the service. Musicians may continue playing the last song softly behind prayer for the continued worshipful atmosphere.
Download this worship sequence as a PDF.
Jana has worked at God’s Bible School & College since 2009. She chairs the Division of Music and teaches courses in applied piano, piano pedagogy, piano literature, music theory, and philosophy of music.
Jana, along with her husband, Nicolae (Nick) Pop, lead worship at a local Cincinnati church.