Worship Sequence – Consecration, Christ’s Leadership, Discipleship, Peace
To understand why we create corporate worship sequences for the community read this article by David Hartkopf.
- 576 G Jesus Is All the World to Me (Eb-4; C7-4)
- 582 G Hidden Peace (G-4; G7-4)
- 583 C Thou Wilt Keep Him in Perfect Peace (C-4; Ebm-4; Ab-4)
- 578 Db Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us
- 572 Db He Hideth My Soul
Call to Worship: Our call to worship today is found in Isaiah 58, verse 11.
Invocation Prayer: Typically pastor or worship leader prays here. Musicians can begin playing the first hymn quietly in the background.
- 468 C I Have Decided to Follow Jesus – vs. 1-3 (into)
- C As the Deer (directly into introduction)
- C Cornerstone [see performance note]
- Greeting (continue previous; C-4; Am-4; D-4)
- Prayer Song – 560 G ‘Tis So Sweet to Trust – vs 1, 4
Prayer: This is the main pastoral prayer for the service. Musicians may continue playing the last song softly behind prayer for the continued worshipful atmosphere.
Download this worship sequence as a PDF.
Jana has worked at God’s Bible School & College since 2009. She chairs the Division of Music and teaches courses in applied piano, piano pedagogy, piano literature, music theory, and philosophy of music.
Jana, along with her husband, Nicolae (Nick) Pop, lead worship at a local Cincinnati church.