Aldersgate Christian Academy Online
High school students who earn 30 college credits through the Academic Advantage Program (AAP) and meet the graduation requirements of Aldersgate Christian Academy (ACA) can graduate with a high school diploma from ACA.
Pilot Restrictions: To be eligible students must live 50 miles or further from ACA. Exceptions can be made only as approved by ACA.
Admission to the online program will be determined by ACA. Below are the required items for admission:
- Application for admission to the online program
- Results from a recent IOWA Standardized Test, a similar standardized test (approved by ACA), or successful completion of at least 2 AAP classes with a current overall GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Pastor’s Recommendation
Once all items are received the file will be sent to the ACA Admissions Committee for a 24 hour review period.
Initial Assessment Fee
An initial assessment fee will be charged for all online students. This covers the cost of evaluating and transcription of students records and determining what classes are needed for graduation from ACA. The assessment fee is determined by the student’s time of entry into the program per the chart below.
|Fall Transfer||Spring Transfer|
Ongoing Evaluation and Transcription Fee
Online students pay a fee of $250 each semester for ongoing evaluation and transcription of all schoolwork.
All online students will be charged a $500 graduation fee in their final semester.
Online students will pay the current rate for any AAP classes they take as well as any additional fees related to the AAP courses.
If an online student wishes to participate in extracurricular activities offered through ACA, they will need to receive the approval pay additional fees as determined by ACA.
- To graduate students must complete a minimum of 30 college credits (10 HS units) through the AAP program and meet the graduation requirements of ACA. See the chart below for AAP courses meeting graduation requirements.
ACA High School Graduation Requirements
|English Language Arts||4|
- Students must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 and a GPA of 2.0 or higher in their AAP courses.
- A degree plan must be submitted for approval to ACA by August 1 of each year.
- Records of all non-AAP course work and results from a recent IOWA Standardized Test must be submitted to ACA by June 30th of each year. Graduating seniors must provide records of their non-AAP coursework to ACA prior to January 15th and final documents by May 15th during the year when they plan to graduate.
- Students need to be in agreement and abide by ACA’s Statement of Faith and General Rules of Conduct. When on ACA or GBSC campus students will need to abide by all rules and regulations in the ACA handbook.
- If an online student wishes to participate in extracurricular activities offered through ACA, they will need to receive the approval of ACA and pay any additional fees as determined by ACA.
Fill out the Pastor recommendation form.
Why choose us?
- Affordable – Only $125 per credit hour.
- Accredited – We are accredited by both the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
- Convenient – Can be done entirely online.
- Transferable – Due to GBSC’s regional accreditation, classes taken will transfer to many other colleges (including state schools) allowing students to get a head start on college.