GBSC Graduate Program
What are we about?
The GBSC graduate program’s vision is to glorify God and serve His church by deepening the biblical training and enhancing the ministry effectiveness of Christlike servant-leaders.
We draw together top-notch faculty in fields that include biblical studies, systematic theology, apologetics, Christian counseling, Methodist studies, spiritual disciplines, and more.
Read more about our philosophy and distinctives.
Who are our students?
Our courses are designed for anyone who wants to deepen their knowledge of Scripture and extend their ministry.
Our students include pastors, missionaries, Christian educators, aspiring professors, and laymen.
Courses are completely online. You can start and finish your degree from home without moving to the Cincinnati area, yet you will also have weekly face-to-face interaction with professors and classmates over live video. Our setup offers the best of both flexibility and connection.
You can earn these graduate degrees from GBSC:
- MA in Biblical Studies, which emphasizes exegesis in Greek and Hebrew and engagement with scholarship
- MA in Ministry, which emphasizes flexibility and practical application
What makes us who we are?
We believe that
- A deeper understanding of the Bible leads to more powerful preaching and meaningful worship.
- Bible-centered education can bring stability to both minister and ministry and reduce ministry burn-out.
- If a pastor grows spiritually, so will his parishioners.
- Lay people need to be equipped to evangelize and disciple the lost.
- We need advanced biblical training to respond to objections to the Bible.
We are submitted to the authority of God’s inerrant, infallible Word. The authority of Scripture is not a slogan we advertise. It’s the reality we live. Our words on paper reflect our work in the classroom and our lives in the world.
We are committed to a contextually-sound, Spirit-illumined exegesis, Spirit-anointed exposition, and Spirit-empowered application. Study of the Bible and its theology should result in practical transformation and humility.
We are unashamed to be Wesleyan-Arminian in theology and passionate about Spirit-filled, holy living.
- Regional (HLC) and national (ABHE) accreditation
- Affordable tuition with easy payment options
- Ability to transfer up to 30 hours of graduate work into an MDiv at Wesley Biblical Seminary
- Experienced professors who are recognized experts in their fields
- An academic and intellectual environment that pursues excellence and values piety
Request more info
Graduate Program Calendar
Spring 2021 Dates
- Jan. 18: Spring graduate classes convene
- Mar. 21-27: Late winter break
- Apr. 1: Program and scholarship application deadline for Summer 2021
- Apr. 2: Last day to withdraw from Spring 2021 classes
- Apr. 18-24: Spring break
- May 15: Spring graduate classes end
Summer 2021 Dates
- May 31: Summer graduate classes convene
- June 1: Program and scholarship application deadline for Fall 2021
- June 28-July 4: Summer break
- July 31: Summer graduate classes end
Fall 2021 Dates
- Aug. 16: Fall graduate classes convene
- Oct. 24-30: Fall break
- Nov. 12: Last day to withdraw from Fall 2021 classes
- Nov. 21-27: Thanksgiving break
- Dec. 11: Fall graduate classes ends