GBSC Graduate Program
What are we about?
The GBSC graduate program’s vision is to glorify God and serve His church by deepening the biblical training and enhancing the ministry effectiveness of Christlike servant-leaders. We draw together top-notch faculty in fields that include biblical studies, systematic theology, apologetics, Christian counseling, Methodist studies, spiritual disciplines, and more. Read more about our philosophy and distinctives.
Who are our students?
Our courses are designed for you, whether you are a pastor, Christian educator, missionary, lay minister, or scholar. Courses are completely online, meaning that you can start and finish your degree from home without moving to the Cincinnati area, yet you will also have weekly face to face interaction with professors and classmates over online live video. Our setup offers the best benefits of both flexibility and connection.
What makes us who we are?
We believe that
- A deeper understanding of the Bible leads to more powerful preaching and meaningful worship. It brings stability to both minister and ministry and reduces ministry burn-out.
- If a pastor grows spiritually, so will his parishioners.
- Lay people need to be equipped to evangelize and disciple the lost.
- We need advanced biblical training to respond to objections to the Bible.
We are submitted to the authority of God’s inerrant, infallible Word. The authority of Scripture is not a slogan we advertise; it’s the reality we live. Our words on paper reflect our work in the classroom and our lives in the world.
We are committed to a contextually-sound, Spirit-illumined exegesis, Spirit-anointed exposition, and Spirit-empowered application. Study of the Bible and its theology should result in practical transformation and humility, not pride and prejudice.
We are unashamed to be Wesleyan-Arminian in theology and passionate about sharing the message of Spirit-filled, holy living.
- Regional (HLC) and national (ABHE) accreditation.
- Affordable tuition with easy payment options.
- Transfer up to 30 hours of graduate work toward a M.Div. at Wesley Biblical Seminary.
- Experienced professors who are recognized experts in their fields.
- An academic and intellectual environment that pursues excellence and values piety.