Worship Sequence – The Enjoyment of God
To understand why we create corporate worship sequences for the community read this article by David Hartkopf.
- 69 C Great Is the Lord
- 71 C How Majestic Is Your Name (C pedal; directly into)
- 72 F I Exalt Thee (F-4; Bbm-3; Eb-3)
- 66 Ab Thou Art Worthy
- 36 Ab To God Be the Glory (Ab-6; Em-3; A-3)
- 44 D Great Is Thy Faithfulness
Welcome and Call to Worship: Our call to worship today is taken from Ephesians 2:1-2a, 4-7.
Invocation Prayer: Typically pastor or worship leader prays here. Musicians can begin playing the first hymn quietly in the background. [Optional Prayer: Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies! How priceless is your unfailing love! We give thanks to You with our whole hearts and glorify your name forever. Amen.]
- 4 Bb Glorify Thy Name
- Bb Be Exalted – 1X (into)
- 79 Bb The Wonder of It All – chorus only 2X
- Reading (37) – The Enjoyment of God (Bb-4; Bbm-4; Eb-4; begin 507)
- 507 Ab Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
- Greeting (Continue; Ab-4; Cm-4; F-4)
- Prayer Song – 298 Bb Spirit of God, Descend – vs. 1, 2, 4
Prayer: This is the main pastoral prayer for the service. Musicians may continue playing the last song softly behind prayer for the continued worshipful atmosphere.
Download this worship sequence as a PDF.
Jana has worked at God’s Bible School & College since 2009. She chairs the Division of Music and teaches courses in applied piano, piano pedagogy, piano literature, music theory, and philosophy of music.
Jana, along with her husband, Nicolae (Nick) Pop, lead worship at a local Cincinnati church.