Teacher Preparation Programs
God’s Bible School & College offers a range of programs to train future teachers.
God’s Bible School & College’s Educator Preparation Programs (EPPs) are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). CAEP accreditation ensures quality through external review.
In October 2021, CAEP granted GBSC’s EPPs accreditation at the initial level. Our next site visit will take place virtually in the spring of 2023.
CAEP accreditation indicates we successfully prepare new teachers to effectively know their subject area, serve diverse groups of students, have meaningful preservice experiences, and that we use data to drive targeted program improvement.
GBSC’s education programs are also eligible for certification through the Association of Christian Schools International. With ACSI certification, educators may teach in many Christian schools across the United States.
Eligible for Ohio Licensure and ACSI Certification
- BA in Teacher Education–Elementary Education
- BA in Teacher Education–Adolescent and Young Adult Integrated Language Arts Education
- BA in Music Education–Choral/General Music
- BA in Music Education–Instrumental
Eligible Only for ACSI Certification
- AAS in Elementary Education
- BA in Elementary Education and Music Education
- BA in Music Education–Performance and Non-performance
Application to an Education Program
Jumpstart your Application Process into an Education Program by completing one of the following exams before college.
Pass one of the following tests at the designated levels:
Reciprocity and License Portability Information
Ohio has an Interstate Agreement with some states.
This allows a person holding standard Ohio licenses and who has completed an approved teacher education program to obtain a teaching license in the state to which they are applying.
Minor additional coursework may be required for full licensure in some states.
In addition, applicants must meet any testing requirements of the state to which they apply for licensure.
The following is a list of states that accept Ohio teacher education licenses. You can also see a map with more details.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
With additional coursework as part of the transfer process, students could meet requirements at the remaining states.
- Idaho – mathematic thinking for instruction
- Iowa – state-required coursework
- Maine – jurisdiction specific coursework
- Nebraska – human relations course
- South Dakota – Native American course