I’d recommend GBS’s MA for the same reason I recommend GBS’s BAs. They go deeper.
It’s not about head knowledge and it’s not about a “feelings” religion either. I see a lot of educated pastors who are professional performers. That’s not what GBS is. I think it’s a good balance of what the Christian life is. That’s what they’re teaching pastors to be.
Master of Arts in Ministry
This degree is designed for those with Bible college undergrad degrees who want grad-level theology and ministry training.
It has an 18-hour core of Bible and Theology and an 18-hour customizable concentration defined by each student.
The concentration can consist of classes on Bible, theology, apologetics, preaching, or graduate classes in some other field transferred from another school. Because this is a ministry degree, at least six concentration credits will need to be in practical theology.
The guiding requirement is that your concentration must work together with the Bible and Theology core to equip you to minister in your field, whether that is pastoring, chaplaincy, business, or something else. We’ll work with you at the beginning of your degree to define your concentration.
- hold an earned BA or equivalent (for example, a BS or BRE).
- have completed 30 undergrad credits of Bible and Theology.
- have an undergrad GPA of 2.5 or greater. However, applicants with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
A GRE test is not required. No knowledge of Greek and Hebrew is required.
Why pursue an MA in Ministry at GBSC?
- Flexibility. Graduate classes are completely online, from homework to live class sessions. No need to relocate or upset your schedule. Our degrees are designed for active pastors, missionaries, and lay ministers.
- Customization. With 18 hours of electives, the you can shape your MA in Ministry to emphasize Christian counseling, preaching, evangelism and apologetics, church planting, discipleship, or ministry leadership. For specifics, see the catalog’s course listing.
- Theology. We are committed to the authority of God’s inerrant Word. We are Wesleyan-Arminian and passionate about the message of Spirit-filled, holy living.
Degree Structure (Suggested Sequence)
|Biblical Studies||12 hours|
|Theological Studies||6 hours|
|Concentration Electives||18 hours|
Complete one of these concentrations, design your own using electives from several content areas, or transfer in up to 18 hours of qualifying electives.
Whether you create your own concentration or choose one of these, 6 concentration hours must be in practical theology.
36 credit hours
Students may take classes…
- Full-time: 3 classes (9 credit hours) per term.
- Part-time: 1-2 classes (3-6 credit hours) per term.
Students went on to be a
- Bible teacher
- PhD student
- MDiv student
- pastoral counselor
Visit the Masters Tuition page for up-to-date cost information.
Students report spending 7-12 hours weekly per graduate course.
Financial Aid Options
- FAFSA offers unsubsidized loans.
- GBSC offers some scholarships. Visit the Financial Aid page for more information.
Graduate Program Calendar
Spring 2022 Dates
- Jan. 10: Spring classes convene
- Mar. 14-21: Late winter break
- Apr. 1: Program and scholarship application deadline for Summer 2022
- Apr. 1: Last day to withdraw from Spring 2021 classes.
- Apr. 4-10: Spring break
- May 14: Graduate spring term end
Summer 2022 Dates
- May 23: Summer classes convene
- July 30: Summer classes end