I’d recommend GBS’s MA for the same reason I recommend GBS’s BAs. They go deeper.
It’s not about head knowledge and it’s not about a “feelings” religion either. I see a lot of educated pastors who are professional performers. That’s not what GBS is. I think it’s a good balance of what the Christian life is. That’s what they’re teaching pastors to be.
Master of Arts in Ministry
This degree is designed for those with Bible college undergrad degrees who want grad-level theology and ministry training. With a core of 18 hours and 18 hours of electives, the degree is crafted to target the ministry in which the student is serving or plans to serve. No knowledge of Greek and Hebrew is required.
Why pursue an MA in Ministry at GBSC?
- Flexibility. Graduate classes are completely online, from homework to live class sessions. No need to relocate or upset your schedule. Our degrees are designed for active pastors, missionaries, and lay ministers.
- Customization. With 18 hours of electives, the MA in Ministry will be shaped with an emphasis in Christian counseling, preaching, evangelism and apologetics, church planting, discipleship, or ministry leadership. For specifics, see the catalog’s course listing.
- Theology. We are committed to the authority of God’s inerrant Word. We are Wesleyan-Arminian and passionate about the message of Spirit-filled, holy living.
Degree Structure (Suggested Sequence)
|Biblical Studies||12 hours|
|Theological Studies||6 hours|
|Practical Theology Electives||18 hours|
We offer electives in the following areas:
Two semesters per year, Fall and Spring.
Students may take classes…
- Full-time: 3 courses (9 credit hours) per semester. Graduate after 4 semesters.
- Part-time: 1-2 courses (3-6 credit hours) per semester. Graduate after 6-12 semesters.
Students went on to be a
- Bible teacher
- PhD student
- MDiv student
- pastoral counselor
Visit the Masters Tuition page for up-to-date cost information.
Students report spending 7-12 hours weekly on homework for one graduate course.
Financial Aid Options
- FAFSA offers unsubsidized loans.
- GBSC offers some scholarships. Visit the Financial Aid page for more information.